Thursday, December 6, 2012

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it. A recipe!

So it is Thursday again and that means another day of linking up with Steph and Katie and sharing a delicious recipe I found on Pinterest you know that website we spend hours of precious time on!
I have had a few successful pinterest endeavors in my day but I think my most successful thus far is this little gem!


Crock Pot Potato Soup

Original pin here
The ingredients are:

1 30oz. bag of frozen, shredded hash browns {I used Ore Ida}
3 14oz. cans of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
2 cloves fresh garlic mushed in a garlic press or finely chopped
1 pkg. cream cheese {don’t use fat free.  It WON’T melt!!!}

What to do:
Basically throw all the ingredients in your ole' crockpot except your cream cheese and let that baby simmer away for 6-8 hours. About 30 minutes before serving whisk in the cream cheese. I like to cut it into little cubes so it melts faster. The soup will look weird at first chunky almost but once you start whisking that baby will look delicious!
I usually top mine with some tasty bacon crumbles, cheddar cheese, and of course some fresh chives!

I like my soup extra thick and noticed that mine was a little less thick than desired so I poured a little (about half cup) instant potatoes in that bad boy and viola thick as gravy. Literally which is my favorite!
I have now made this two times and each time it has been a huge hit!
My step sister literally licked her bowl clean!

Now feast your eyes on the finished product:

Now everyone run to the store and go home and try this recipe for yourself!
Designed with love by BDD