Thursday, December 6, 2012

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it. A recipe!

So it is Thursday again and that means another day of linking up with Steph and Katie and sharing a delicious recipe I found on Pinterest you know that website we spend hours of precious time on!
I have had a few successful pinterest endeavors in my day but I think my most successful thus far is this little gem!


Crock Pot Potato Soup

Original pin here
The ingredients are:

1 30oz. bag of frozen, shredded hash browns {I used Ore Ida}
3 14oz. cans of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
2 cloves fresh garlic mushed in a garlic press or finely chopped
1 pkg. cream cheese {don’t use fat free.  It WON’T melt!!!}

What to do:
Basically throw all the ingredients in your ole' crockpot except your cream cheese and let that baby simmer away for 6-8 hours. About 30 minutes before serving whisk in the cream cheese. I like to cut it into little cubes so it melts faster. The soup will look weird at first chunky almost but once you start whisking that baby will look delicious!
I usually top mine with some tasty bacon crumbles, cheddar cheese, and of course some fresh chives!

I like my soup extra thick and noticed that mine was a little less thick than desired so I poured a little (about half cup) instant potatoes in that bad boy and viola thick as gravy. Literally which is my favorite!
I have now made this two times and each time it has been a huge hit!
My step sister literally licked her bowl clean!

Now feast your eyes on the finished product:

Now everyone run to the store and go home and try this recipe for yourself!

8 comments:

  1. I so want to make this for my husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! So easy and so delicious!! I also suggest adding some instant potatoes if it isn't as thick as you would likd

      Delete
  2. I agree with Catherine..my hubby would love this! :) Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I should have bought that crock pot last week! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go get a crock pot and NOW hahaha! You can make it on the stove too put the requires so much more effort!

      Delete
  4. Love the crock pot!!! Best invention ever. This looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love my CrockPot! :) This looks awesome! New follower from the link up!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this a while ago & it was so easy & came out great! I had my (future) in-laws over & they asked for seconds :)
    Happy to be a new follower!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Nuggets! Do me a favor would ya? Share your thoughts I would love to hear them but make sure I can reply back! I would love to thank you for your thoughts on Le Blog!!