Thursday, May 2, 2013

A few reasons why my lifestyle aint perfect

Whitney wrote this wonderful post about how lifestyle bloggers aren't exactly what they seem.
I'm here to chime in and give you a few reasons why even though I write about my life I am surely not perfect, nor is my life glamorous.
I decided to write this blog because I worked in a call center and had to stare at a computer screen for 9 hours and it sounded like a good way to stay entertained.
And then I started to feel like I knew people.
And then I started to build relationships.
And then I started to feel like I wasn't the only one facing some of the challenges I have faced.
So I kept writing.

Anyway a few reasons why my lifestyle blog sucks...

1. I don't own a DSLR camera and I don't know how to use photoshop.
          Let me be the first one to tell you every picture you see on my blog is from my iphone or I stole it from the interwebz or pinterest or perhaps my facebook. I do not intend to spend hundos on a camera. Nor do I have the time to edit a photo beyond instagrizzy. Sorry but I am 100% not sorry about this. I can't be trusted with a $100.00 camera let alone one that is a G or more.

2. My life is not organized in color coordinated planners.
Yah no. Just No. Like Whitney said I can't believe that a planner is worth 60 bucks. I am probably the most unorganized person ever and I can't seem to get it together. I am busy and constantly have stuff to do but to file it in a planner or in color coordinated binders yay right.I wish I had that capacity but I don't.

3. It's not all hearts and butterflies over here.
Sometimes my life sucks. I have terrible dating stories, I get sick as a dog, I've been divorced and sometimes my job really blows. But I choose to share all of that with you. Always. I would rather be real.

4. I swear like a sailor.
I have a foul dirty mouth and I can't filter it. Ever. Sorry. So if my foul language offends you sorry for ya.

5. I have 54 followers.
I have 54 followers. I don't write every day. I don't care. I write because I like it. Because it is an outlet, because I love it. Would it be awesome if some more people hit that follow button but it isn't going to change what I write or how I write it. I'll keep doing it until it isn't fun anymore. Thats my philosophy.

6. Sometimes I get drunk and make a huge fool out of myself.
Lets face it it happens. Oh well.

7. I don't have a boyfriend or husband to take pictures of my awesome outfits.
I wish I did because well that would be awesome but I don't. I do however have lots of fun dating snafu's and tales to share with all of you. It's a real hoot if you wanna hear about my dating and or marriage disasters. I mean someone might as well enjoy the process right? Oh and perfectly style outfits would be nice too.

8. I can't keep up with the drama...
By that I mean the twit drama. I am so bad at it. Sometimes I have to call on my friends in the blogging world to update me when something really really really good happens! I want to know the juice but I just can't seem to keep up... BOO!

9. I don't even know how to post a gif and abbreviations confuse me.
I just recently figured out what a GIF was and how you go about locating them to post them. Yep. Oh and those abbreviations that people use? I normally have to google them to know what they mean. OOTD???? What does that mean? No seriously I don't know.

10. It doesn't bother me one bit that I post not so flattering photos of my self.
Exhibt A-Z.









You are welcome.

4 comments:

  1. I swear like a sailor too, I think it's totally acceptable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get it from that damn father of mine. Some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth shocks even me. But God I love him.

      Delete
  2. I like being one of you 54 followers. I <3 your drunken antics, we're kindred spirits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really are!! If we weren't so damn awesome I would be weirded out but it's hard to be us right haha what with our constant drinking and ridiculously cute fur babies!!! Honestly though we are far too much alike haha!

      Delete

Hey Nuggets! Do me a favor would ya? Share your thoughts I would love to hear them but make sure I can reply back! I would love to thank you for your thoughts on Le Blog!!