Thursday, May 2, 2013

A few reasons why my lifestyle aint perfect

Whitney wrote this wonderful post about how lifestyle bloggers aren't exactly what they seem.
I'm here to chime in and give you a few reasons why even though I write about my life I am surely not perfect, nor is my life glamorous.
I decided to write this blog because I worked in a call center and had to stare at a computer screen for 9 hours and it sounded like a good way to stay entertained.
And then I started to feel like I knew people.
And then I started to build relationships.
And then I started to feel like I wasn't the only one facing some of the challenges I have faced.
So I kept writing.

Anyway a few reasons why my lifestyle blog sucks...

1. I don't own a DSLR camera and I don't know how to use photoshop.
          Let me be the first one to tell you every picture you see on my blog is from my iphone or I stole it from the interwebz or pinterest or perhaps my facebook. I do not intend to spend hundos on a camera. Nor do I have the time to edit a photo beyond instagrizzy. Sorry but I am 100% not sorry about this. I can't be trusted with a $100.00 camera let alone one that is a G or more.

2. My life is not organized in color coordinated planners.
Yah no. Just No. Like Whitney said I can't believe that a planner is worth 60 bucks. I am probably the most unorganized person ever and I can't seem to get it together. I am busy and constantly have stuff to do but to file it in a planner or in color coordinated binders yay right.I wish I had that capacity but I don't.

3. It's not all hearts and butterflies over here.
Sometimes my life sucks. I have terrible dating stories, I get sick as a dog, I've been divorced and sometimes my job really blows. But I choose to share all of that with you. Always. I would rather be real.

4. I swear like a sailor.
I have a foul dirty mouth and I can't filter it. Ever. Sorry. So if my foul language offends you sorry for ya.

5. I have 54 followers.
I have 54 followers. I don't write every day. I don't care. I write because I like it. Because it is an outlet, because I love it. Would it be awesome if some more people hit that follow button but it isn't going to change what I write or how I write it. I'll keep doing it until it isn't fun anymore. Thats my philosophy.

6. Sometimes I get drunk and make a huge fool out of myself.
Lets face it it happens. Oh well.

7. I don't have a boyfriend or husband to take pictures of my awesome outfits.
I wish I did because well that would be awesome but I don't. I do however have lots of fun dating snafu's and tales to share with all of you. It's a real hoot if you wanna hear about my dating and or marriage disasters. I mean someone might as well enjoy the process right? Oh and perfectly style outfits would be nice too.

8. I can't keep up with the drama...
By that I mean the twit drama. I am so bad at it. Sometimes I have to call on my friends in the blogging world to update me when something really really really good happens! I want to know the juice but I just can't seem to keep up... BOO!

9. I don't even know how to post a gif and abbreviations confuse me.
I just recently figured out what a GIF was and how you go about locating them to post them. Yep. Oh and those abbreviations that people use? I normally have to google them to know what they mean. OOTD???? What does that mean? No seriously I don't know.

10. It doesn't bother me one bit that I post not so flattering photos of my self.
Exhibt A-Z.









You are welcome.
Designed with love by BDD