Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday. How I loathe you.

I know everyone always says how much they despise Monday.
But today is an even worse Monday than normal.
My company is under going a huge front end redesign.
Which essentially means they are moving to a new software program and with this transition job titles are changing.
Giving management the perfect opportunity to do some house keeping.
More positions have opened, job descriptions are altered and Managers essentially get to have the pick of the litter.
At my current position I have the luxury of being what is called a regional float.
Basically I work in whatever clinic I am needed at with in our region but am guarenteed 40 hours a week.
My furthest commute is about 45 minutes which isn't too bad but on average its 30 minute drive to work.
In this re-design my current position is being changed and I could travel to any clinic to fill in within our whole company not just my region.
Meaning I could have a commute that is up to 2 hours if they needed me at our furthest clinic.
No dice for this mamma bear.
Which means I now have to decide where to apply and basically whose job I am going to take.
I have been so stressed out about the whole thing for weeks...
Guilt, and anxiety have become my two best friends.
I have managers and other employees encouraging me to apply at their clinics because they want me there, while it's comforting to know I have a job and that my hard work is recognized its also agonizing because I don't want to hurt anyones feelings.

Today this Monday the job postings go up.
Today I have to decide where I am going to apply.
Next week I get to do an interview in front of 11 managers and supervisors.
Clearly I am as happy as I could possibly be regarding all of this.
Catching that sarcasm.

So this is why this Monday is worse than your average Monday.

 Not to mention I just spent an entire weekend frolicking in the snow covered mountains with the boy! (please ignore the fact that I wore zero make up all weekemd in the below pictures)
The view from the deck at the cabin.
We went to his best friends families cabin up in the mountains where we played ping pong, sat by the fire, played cards, they snowboared while I napped, we ate and then the highlight of the entire trip?
I beat the boy in beer pong.
We had a full on tournament between all of us and it was paired up at random boy and girl.
I ended up being with Drew, the boy's best friends fiance.

Our snowy lake walk

And they ended up together.
The boy and Jay bear best friends since kindergarten
Me and Drew the beer pong tourney champs!
It was a epic battle royale.
Not even exaggertating when I say that it brought me nothing but pure joy to be able to beat the boy!
He is totally one of those guys that loves to trash talk and little did he know what he got himself into with me.
Here he is trash talking while we beat him
Every time I sunk a ball it was like a piece of me lit up.
Some of the losers
The next morning when he woke up and came into the living room I may or may not have gloated a bit more by saying 'Hey babe do you remember that time when I beat you at beer pong?"
To which he responded "Don't even speak to me."
We truly do like each other I promise.
Anyway the first weekend getaway with the boy went great.
A total of like 6 hours in a car and I didn't want to jump out at any points.
He sang matchbox 20 to me and all sorts of epic country jams.
We have always loved the movie Country Strong and I like to think that our "song" is "Give in to me".
So when it came on while we were driving up he pulled me a little closer and kissed me on the forehead.
Totes Adorbs.
PS he hates when I abbreviate things.
So obviously I abbreviate as much as possible.
Me and my boy! Please note the sexy chainsaw photo over his shoulder. Cuz we classy.

The point is you guys!?!?!?! I didn't freak out! Its been like almost a whole month of hanging out and I haven't freaked out.
Man that feels good.


Wish me luck chicken nuggets!

















1 comments: