Sunday, October 28, 2012

Not so happily ever after


So. As some of you may already know I wrote this little love letter to Hunter before our date a few Saturdays ago. I thought my letter was pretty clear and to the point. We are soul mates and meant to spend the rest of our lives together. I don’t know what part of that was unclear.
Some how Hunter was confused. Or distracted. I don’t know what happened but it was bad. The night I expected our souls to meet and never part didn't go as planned.
To start with Nebraska was playing Ohio State. I loathe Ohio State. It might have something to do with the friendly rivalry I have with a friend of mine. One way or the other each football season we place bets and trash talk each other until kickoff. And then all through kick off. And through out every play and down. Its extreme. So I knew that our pre function activities needed to take place somewhere that I could watch this precious game go down. So I thought to myself easy there is a sports bar just across the way from the venue. We entered and all I could see was a sea of red. But not my kind of red. To say I was enraged would be an understatement. The rebel in me wanted to plop myself down and start trash talking those buckeyes up and down the bar. But the better part of me realized this evening was not the night for a fight. I was wearing white pants after all. And the worst of it all? I couldn't even check scores inside the concert venue because they somehow managed to block my ability to tweet, instagram, facebook, blog, or browse the web. It was complete anarchy.
Then we got to the show. It was fabulous. My precious Ryan had done a fabulous job of being certain I was placed near a bar and a bathroom. It’s like he knows me so well. Kudos again to the best guy I know for getting me one absolutely fabulous birthday gift.
Then my friends my husband to be took the stage. I swear it’s like he was looking into my soul. Gosh I love him. I love him in a not a stalker kind of way. Like a I know we were meant to be kind of way.  Duh. SO I was filled with excitement at what this evening had in store for us. He sang all the usual songs to me and melted my heart. Then he left stage never to be seen again. I did my very best to convince the security representatives that I needed to see Hunter. They just didn't understand. It was ridic. But the good news is I had a fantastic time with one of my most favorite people on the planet. Someone who within days is leaving me completely.
So although Hunter and I didn't fall in love this time I am sure our time will come sooner rather than later. It’s only a matter of time. Can’t fight true love after all. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Nuggets! Do me a favor would ya? Share your thoughts I would love to hear them but make sure I can reply back! I would love to thank you for your thoughts on Le Blog!!