Wednesday, October 3, 2012

When a Husker meets a Badger at a bar...

It happened. 
I had to bite my tongue and behave like a respectful Husker fan to a Badger this weekend. 
It was hard. 
I mean real hard.
I wanted to tell him that I would like to stick my foot straight up his little badger ass but I refrained.
Instead I said "good game". 
He said let me buy you a drink.
And the rest was history. 


That is until I had a couple of shots of Jack and had to start arguing stats and why Nebraska will always be a football fortress of epic proportions.
I just don't like to be bothered with nonsense about "when's the last time you won a national championship?"
Here's a thought when is the last time you had a sold out stadium for 321 consecutive games or I dunno over 800 wins? 
I get real emotional when we start talking Huskers if you couldn't tell. 
I may or may not have been the only person in a local dive bar even paying attention to the TV let alone banging my fists on a bar and screaming like a wild animal.

Game day isn't complete with out a good Bloody.
But that's just how I roll.
Take it or leave it. 
Either way I just know that we won on Saturday and I nearly pissed my pants I was so happy.
Instead I just got good and drunk like a normal person.


I try to at least look like an acceptable young lady. I don't think I am foolin anyone.

3 comments:

  1. haha awesome. Sorry about the badger fan though! I'm a Hawkeye and boyfriend is a badger, so I hate them too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is I don't know if I hate te badgers or Ohio state more... Tough call

      Delete

Hey Nuggets! Do me a favor would ya? Share your thoughts I would love to hear them but make sure I can reply back! I would love to thank you for your thoughts on Le Blog!!