Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Be the match

Can we talk about some thing....

This guy, this guy rocks my socks off.



This guy gave up his career, his college sports career. He walked away. For a stranger. For a complete stranger he gave up his dream.

This young man became a donor at Be the match for bone marrow. The odds of being chosen are so slim. Unbelievably slim like 1 out of every 540 members on the donor list slim. He signed up and never even thought he would be a match. But when he was he didn't even think twice. He jumped at the chance to save a person's life. To change a persons life. We should all be a little more like this guy.

Almost one year ago I signed up to be a donor with Be the Match. It was my very second blogpost when I signed up to be a donor. You can read about it here.

And I hope that if I ever get that phone call that I am a match that I wont even think twice. That I won't even question it or think about that big scary needle....

We all need to be a little bit more like this guy....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Nuggets! Do me a favor would ya? Share your thoughts I would love to hear them but make sure I can reply back! I would love to thank you for your thoughts on Le Blog!!