Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Be the Match


   So today I checked another item off of my list. 
What may you ask? 
I signed up on the national registry to be a bone marrow donor.  
After reading up on all the FAQ’s on the registry website and thinking about this deeply I was even more compelled to sign up than ever. This is somewhat shocking to me because I happen to be one of the BIGGEST babies in the entire world when it comes to pain and in particular needles…did you know they use a hollow needle to draw the marrow from the back of your pelvic bones…anyway, yes this sounds umm terrifying? But when I stop to think about what I could be doing for another person in this world, for a family who is fighting; this is a no brainer. Yes, if I happen to be the 1 out of 541 people selected as a match for a person in need I am going to be SCARED to death but I know that I will gladly be giving a wonderful gift to someone in need. Wouldn’t you want someone to do that for you? Wouldn’t you want someone to do that for someone you loved? I am an admitted big wuss and I tip my hat to anyone who has to fight a life threatening disease and this tiny act is my way of standing beside all of those people and saying “I’ll fight for you too”. Join me on the national bone marrow donors list, or at least take a look at the commitment you would be making and consider it for yourself. Get more information about the Be the Match program here: http://marrow.org/Home.aspx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Nuggets! Do me a favor would ya? Share your thoughts I would love to hear them but make sure I can reply back! I would love to thank you for your thoughts on Le Blog!!