Wednesday, July 11, 2012

This isn't getting any easier...

You know this 15 day challenge is certainly making me do some thinking. Yesterday I went a little over board and spewed all over the place... but now you know the story hopefully you guys still love me...perhaps you understand me a little bit better? Who knows honestly. Today is day number 11. Guess what the prompt is today?? Let  me enlighten you my friends...

{11} What's one thing you would never change about yourself?

Oh mercy me... One thing I would never change about myself? Well because as I write this my belly is full, I had a delicious beer with dinner and some of my favorite company to cheer me up I am trying to be optimistic and come up with something good... However I am drawing a real blank here...
I mean this could go so many ways... talents? Personality traits? Physical traits? Experiences... I don't know where to begin. Honestly.

So I suppose I should say this... I will never change the fact that when I love, I love deep and desperately. I fall hard and with reckless abandon. Its one of my favorite and least favorite things about myself. I will quote my girl Elizabeth on this one...

“If I love you, I will carry for you all your pain, I will assume for you all your debts (in every definition of the word), I will protect you from your own insecurity, I will project upon you all sorts of good qualities that you have never actually cultivated in yourself and I will buy Christmas presents for your entire family. I will give you the sun and the rain, and if they are not available, I will give you a sun check and a rain check. I will give you all this and more, until I get so exhausted and depleted that the only way I can recover my energy is by becoming infatuated with someone else.”
Elizabeth Gilbert

You said it Liz. Just another reason why I love this book.

I'm off to cuddle my little Nuggets and bask in some self pity because everyone needs a party every once in awhile right?

8 comments:

  1. Loving without hesitation is an awesome quality, Ashley! I love that about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it pays off and sometimes it can be a real you know what! HAHA but like I said I would never change that! I hate holding back my true feelings good or bad!

      Delete
  2. Such a great quality! But also one that can be very difficult to live with, you know? Loving deeply often means hurting deeply later. But the ability to get hurt and keep throwing yourself into love -- yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abbey and you are 100% right it is a wonderful thing and can also be heart wrenching painful but better to have loved and lost than never loved at all!

      Delete
  3. That quote made me teary. :) So great. And a great trait too.

    Alyssa @ alattelove1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you loved this quote you MUST read Eat Pray Love. Such a great book seriously! GO GET IT NOW!

      Delete
  4. Perfect quote (fantastic book too)! I completely agree... Fall hard with reckless abandon! Wow! Love the verbage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it such a fantastic book! I have read it a few times in just over a year and a half! I love it and suggest it to everyone! I just wish the movie would have done it justice :/

      Delete

Hey Nuggets! Do me a favor would ya? Share your thoughts I would love to hear them but make sure I can reply back! I would love to thank you for your thoughts on Le Blog!!